Monday 16 December 2013

Why now ? Why me ?

Increasingly I find myself frustrated, angry and down-right fed-up with the illusions that exist all around me. And no, I'm not talking David Blane or Darren Brown, I'm talking about the way in which we are surrounded by illusions and mis-truths, how smoke and mirrors are used to distort our view of society, from the way in which manufactured, processed food is packaged and sold to us as 'wholesome', to how politicians convince us that 'there is no alternative'.
Some illusions are fun and seemingly innocent, like the way in which we re-produce and re-invent ourselves through our Facebook profiles, posting only the 'good' photos and spend our days telling our 'friends' what wonderful food we eat, what wonderful partners we have and what perfect children we have produced. But who do we convince with these posts ? Why are we all not more real and honest about our lives?
So....... Why Now? Why Me?
Well.......... Why Not?
In a previous chapter of my life I was a Lecturer and I had ample opportunity to research and discuss some of the many issues and topics which affect our everyday lives, however, I now find myself at the beginning of a new chapter and I hope this Blog will serve as an arena where I can have both fun and frank discussions of the many realities and illusions that impact upon me, and you, everyday.
"One day everything will be well, that is our hope. Everything's fine today, that is our illusion" -Voltaire 



No comments:

Post a Comment